iSpot Pro Themed Edition Application Review
There are so many different things you can discuss when you use I spy/spot the difference images. In addition, many of the differences can cause cases of the giggles when there are differences that are wacky or unusual. iSpot Pro Themed Edition comes with different theme packs to determine the difference between two photos at different levels of difficulty. Continue reading to learn more about how you can use this application in therapy.
The Main Page of this application shows the various game packages and buttons for instructions, to contact the developer, level of difficulty, and reset of the levels.
Instructions ("i" button)
This page shows an instructional photo album with five pages that explain how to use the app. It labels the different buttons on the screen as well.
E-mail (two people button)
Pressing the button with two people on it brings the user to an e-mail pop-up so that the user can e-mail the developer with questions and concerns.
Level of Difficulty (clock button)
There are three levels of game difficulty on this application:
- Leisure - self-paced; no timer
- Easy - time based
- Hard - time based
Reset All Levels
Pressing the tools button will ask if you would like to reset all levels with a yes/no pop-up window.
Choose a games package from the following by swiping your finger across the screen and tapping on the one you would like to play:
- Family Pack 1
- Family Pack 2
- Classroom Pack 1
- Holiday Pack 1
- Out and About Pack 1
Then, clouds will appear showing levels available to play within the pack. Press a cloud to select a level.
Then, press on the right hand screen where you find a difference between the two images. It will circle the area on the edited side and fill in one of the question marks with a check mark at the bottom. The number of question marks is relative to the amount of differences between the pictures. The light bulb with a question mark on it shows a visual hint with a large circle around the area in which a difference is located. As the levels increase, the amount of differences to find increases as well.
What I Like About This Application:
- There are 75 levels of game-play which means that it will take a long time for you to run out of images!
- I appreciate the levels of difficulty so that children and adults can both play the application.
- It is great that clients can determine how many differences they have found via circles and how many are left to find via question marks.
What I Would Like to See in Future Updates:
- When I clicked on one of the packs, I was expecting that each set of images would be different. Having only five images where the differences change each time develops familiarity to the scenes but also can cause my clients to lose interest. I would definitely like to see a variety of images per pack.
- Some of the differences are difficult to spot due to the size of the pictures. This may make it difficult for those with visual impairments to find a difference. I would like to see the ability to magnify around the images.
- Memory Skills - Have the child or adult look at the image on the left hand side of the app. Cover it up and have the client try to determine the difference from memory. You can begin doing this after playing through a few levels looking at both pictures first so that the client gets acclimated to the images first and then cover one of the two.
- Receptive Language - Have children name as many items as they can in the image. Have children place items in a category or discuss how items relate to the theme of the pack. Also, discuss how things are the same and different between the images.
- Expressive Language - Children can create a stories based on the images shown.
iSpot Pro Themed Edition is available for the iPod Touch, iPhone, and iPad for $2.99.
Consonantly Speaking was given a copy of this application to review. No other form of compensation was received.